Forms and Registration Fliers
- Duplicate Certificate Request Form
- Transcript Request Form
- TAP Class Cancellation/Transfer Form
- Program Application
Register for classes using one of the following methods:
- Use the Online Registration button on the left. You must use a credit/debit card and have a valid email account to register using this method.
Print out the appropriate registration form from the list below, complete and either fax to (402) 483-2882 or mail with the payment to:
4600 Valley Road
Lincoln, NE 68510
Training for Addiction Professionals (TAP) will be closing, effective July 1, 2018. TAP has provided trainings for those seeking to become alcohol and drug counselors as well as existing counselors since 1997. The decision to close was not made lightly, however, the loss of the State contract in 2015 has made it difficult for TAP to remain a cost-effective option for students.
We will be working with the Nebraska Department of Education’s Private Post-Secondary Career School Division over the next few months to transition records and will provide more information at a later date on how to access transcripts after June 30th. To access the DHHS listing of other preapproved schools go to DHHS Pre- Approved Schools.
We will continue to accept registrations for classes scheduled through the end of June. Our sister program, School Community Intervention & Prevention (SCIP), will offer 3-4 continuing education classes per year for counselors beginning in July. To access SCIP’s calendar of events, please go to http://scipnebraska.com
SUBSTANCE ABUSE FLIERS - CORE EDUCATION
- Counseling Theories & Techniques - March
- Medical & Psychosocial Aspects of Alcohol/Drug Use, Abuse, and Addictions - April
- Professional Ethics & Issues - June
- Human Growth June
- ASI Training - January/February (Please note that due to the weather this training is rescheduled for January 24-25 & March 8, 2018)
- CASI Training - February/March
- ASI Training - May
- ASI or CASI Training - please call the TAP office at 402-327-6831 to be placed on a waitlist and notified when these are available.
NEW MINIMUM REQUIREMENT: You must show proof of at least a PLADC, LADC, PLMHP, LMHP, equivalent or higher to take this training.
Recommendation: Participants should avoid taking ASI/CASI at the same time due to the amount of homework and differences between the tools.
CRIMINAL THINKING/BEHAVIORS FLIERS
- Co-occurring Disorders in Substance Treatment and the Criminal Justice System - April 2018
- Ethical Complications in Working with Criminal Justice Clients - June 2018