The TAP Program provides equal opportunity and nondiscrimination in all admission, attendance, and employment matters to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or other factors prohibited by law.
Harassment Free Environment
The TAP Program is committed to providing a training environment that is free from all forms of discrimination and conduct that can be considered harassing, coercive, or disruptive, including sexual harassment. Actions, words, jokes, or comments based on an individual’s sex, race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic will not be tolerated. Any participant in violation may be asked to leave.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
The TAP Program requires all participants to attend training in a clear state of mind, drug/alcohol free. We hold our participants to a level of professionalism that will reflect positively upon the alcohol/drug counseling field. Any participant whom TAP suspects to be under the influence and/or is being disruptive in any form will be asked to leave the training immediately. This decision will be left to the discretion of TAP personnel and/or the training instructor.
In accordance with the Lincoln Smoking Regulation Act, smoking is prohibited throughout the entire campus, including all LMEP buildings and grounds.
No refunds or transfers will be granted to any participant asked to leave due to a violation of program policy. We reserve the right to refuse future services to anyone who has previously been warned or asked to leave a TAP training for violating policies.
1. All classes are open for registration; however participants must complete an application for admission; submit proof of high school diploma, GED, higher education or licensure as an LMHP or PLMHP; and be accepted into the program to receive a certificate of completion for the Alcohol and Drug Counseling Program.
2. At this time, the TAP Program does not offer credit for previous education, training or experience.
3. TAP does not offer a probationary status.
4. TAP does not offer readmission to a participant denied entrance or requested to leave due to violation of TAP policy.
Training Registration Policies
- TAP will accept registrations on a FIRST COME FIRST SERVED basis.
- Once the training is full no more registrations will be accepted.
- No telephone registrations will be accepted.
- A written or online registration must be completed for each participant.
- Payment must accompany the registration. Vocational Rehabilitation or Workforce Development vouchers will be accepted for registration purposes in lieu of payment.
- Registrations received without payment are not valid and will not be accepted.
- Upon receipt of your registration and payment, the TAP Program will send you a confirmation email. If you do not receive this confirmation, please call to verify that we have received your registration/payment and you are signed up to attend.
- If you register online, an email confirmation will automatically be sent to the email address entered.
- When registering online for continuing education, be sure to choose the training with the correct location.
- When registering by using a registration form for continuing education, be sure to mark the location you wish to attend.
· The tuition for each course does not include any required textbooks, however it may include a binder. Handouts are included in the tuition.
· The price of each class can be found in the on-line catalog of courses at www.lmep.com/tap or on the individual class registration forms.
· The entire registration fee will be charged for NO CALL/NO SHOWS. This applies to all TAP classes.
· Notice of Cancellation or Transfer must be submitted in writing using the TAP Class Cancellation/Transfer Form found under Forms and Registration Fliers at www.lmep.com/tap.
· The full registration fee will be refunded if notice is received within 72 hours of enrollment.
· If cancellation is received later than 72 hours after enrollment, but before the class begins, refund amounts are as follows:
o Core Education/ASI/CASI Trainings will be assessed 20% of the registration fee rounded to the next whole dollar, not to exceed $100.
o Continuing Education Trainings will be assessed one-half of the registration fee.
· NO REFUNDS will be given for cancellations or transfers received after a training has started.
· A fee of $25.00 is charged for any Transfer of funds from one class to another. Request must be processed before class has begun.
· A fee of $5.00 will be charged for a change in payment method or change of participant (if from the same organization).
· A fee equal to the cost of tuition will be charged for all rescheduled/retake Day 3 registrations of the ASI/CASI trainings.
· A fee of $5.00 will be charged for all duplicate certificates. To receive a duplicate certificate, fill out a Duplicate Certificate Form found under Forms and Registration Fliers at www.lmep.com/tap.
· A request for an academic transcript must be submitted in writing using the TAP Transcript Request Form found under Forms and Registration Fliers at www.lmep.com/tap. A fee of $10.00 is charged for each requested Transcript.
· If a class or video conference site is cancelled by the TAP Program, participants will have the choice of a full refund or transfer of funds to another scheduled class.
· No official date of termination is given as participants are allowed to enroll and take classes at their own pace. Participants may also continue their education through ongoing trainings. The last day of the last class needed to complete a program will be considered to be the completion date for that program.
In order to maintain quality education and consistency among all core courses, the following policies will be enforced to receive a “Certificate of Attendance”:
· All participants are required to attend the entire course, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm each day, in order to receive credit for the course. No partial credit will be given.
· A sign in sheet will monitor attendance for the course. The sheet will include the participant’s name and is to be initialed before class in the morning and at the beginning of the afternoon session for each day of the training.
· In order to receive a certificate and credit for all core courses, mandatory assignment(s), test(s) and project(s) must be satisfactorily completed and turned in to the instructor.
· The course instructor will evaluate each participant’s assignment(s), test(s) and project(s) and deem them satisfactory or unsatisfactory. An overall grade of 70% or higher is necessary to be considered for satisfactory completion.
· Mandatory assignment(s), test(s) and project(s) will not be returned to the participant.
· Participants taking core education courses for continuing education must also adhere to the core education policies.
· Due to the short length of classes, no progress reports are given to students.
· Participants must maintain at least an average of seventy percent to pass the training and receive a certificate.
Certificates will be issued at the end of the course to those participants that have met the criteria for the course hours and assignment. The TAP Program does NOT provide placement assistance for internships or employment.
Core Education as Continuing Education
- Participants taking core education courses for continuing education credit must adhere to all core education policies.
- A sign in sheet will monitor attendance for the course. The sheet will include the participant’s name and is to be initialed before class in the morning and at the beginning of the afternoon session for each day of the training.
- All participants are required to attend the entire course, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm each day, in order to receive credit for the course.
- No partial credit will be given
- In order to receive a certificate and credit, mandatory assignment(s), test(s) and project(s) must be satisfactorily completed and turned in to the instructor.
Continuing education workshops include criminogenic (criminal thinking/behaviors) approved trainings for clinicians on the Supreme Court of Nebraska, Office of Probation Administration's Registered Service Provider List and general continuing education training.
· All participants are required to attend the entire workshop to receive full credit for the training.
· NAADAC guidelines do not allow for partial credit, therefore participants must attend the entire workshop to receive credit.
· A sign in sheet will monitor attendance for the course. The sheet will include the participant’s name and is to be initialed before class in the morning and at beginning of the afternoon session for each day of the training.
· A proctor will be at each video conference site to monitor activities and ensure TAP policies are followed.
ASI and CASI trainings are scheduled with approximately one month between Day Two and Day Three. This break allows participants time to complete the required homework for the training. Participants are not allowed to attend Day Three without their homework in hand.
· Participants will receive one “Certificate of Attendance” at the end of the three day training.
· Participants will receive a letter through email upon final grading of homework and final exam indicating a Pass or Fail. This letter will include instructions for the participant on the steps necessary to resolve any failure.
· Your letter will be emailed to the appropriate personnel at the Nebraska Office of Probation Administration.
· All participants are required to attend the entire course, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm each day, in order to receive credit for Day One, Day Two and/or Day Three. No partial credit will be given.
· Day Three may be taken at a later time. A fee equal to the full amount of tuition will be assessed.
· A sign in sheet will monitor attendance for this course. The sheet will include the participant’s name and is to be initialed before class in the morning and at beginning of the afternoon session for each day of the training.
Weather Cancellation Policy
If you do not receive a phone call prior to your training, the TAP Program will be open and your training will continue as scheduled. No participants are expected to attempt to come to the training if he/she feels it is too dangerous to do so; however, if there is no cancellation and you are not able to come to your training because of weather conditions, you must notify the TAP Program staff prior to the scheduled start time of your training or you will be considered a “No Call/No Show” per TAP Program policies.
TAP conducts training in Lincoln and throughout the State of Nebraska. Therefore the TAP office may be closed when training occurs outside of Lincoln.
The TAP office is closed on the following days:
New Year’s Day
Friday after Thanksgiving Day
TAP will not release, transfer, disclose or otherwise disseminate students’ records or information contained therein without the student’s written request, except to persons authorized or required to have such information by state or federal law or regulation, or pursuant to a court order.
Students have the right to review their student records, including grades, attendance, and financial records.
If you have a complaint, question, or concern with the TAP program or a specific workshop, please notify the TAP office in writing at 4600 Valley Road, Lincoln, NE 68510.
Once a concern is received, it will be investigated by the TAP Coordinator and/or Director of Adolescent and Family Health and appropriate action will be taken. A follow-up letter will be sent to the individual regarding the concern. If you have further concerns, you may contact the Program Director of Private Post-Secondary Career Schools at the Nebraska Department of Education at (402)471-4825.