Training for Addiction Professionals (TAP), the leading provider of educational services to Nebraska’s substance abuse counselors.
- Core education classes for professionals seeking to become alcohol/drug counselors
- Alcohol/drug specific continuing education for professionals in the field
- Addiction Severity Index (ASI) and Comprehensive Adolescent Severity Inventory (CASI) trainings
- Criminal Thinking/Behaviors trainings approved for clinicians on the Supreme Court of Nebraska, Office of Probation Administration's Registered Service Providers List.
History of TAP Program
TAP was created in 1997 as a result of a contract agreement between the Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Addiction Services and Lincoln Medical Education Partnership to provide core and continuing educational services to substance abuse counselors. TAP became a National Association of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC) approved education provider in 2012. In January 2013, TAP, was Authorized to operate by the Nebraska Commissioner of Education under the provisions of Nebraska Revised Statute, Sections 85-1601 through 85-1658 as a Private Post-Secondary Career School.
TAP is committed to:
- Providing a high quality education for future and present Alcohol and Drug Counselors
- Cultivating values of respect, integrity, compassion and justice to encourage community responsibility
- Promoting an understanding and appreciation for diversity and tolerance in the field of counseling.
TAP partners with respected professionals to instruct all course offerings. We continuously focus on providing continuing education that meets and exceeds the current needs of the professional. For more information, please click on any of the options to your left, or contact us at 402-327-6831.
Authorized to operate by the Nebraska Commissioner of Education
under the provisions of Nebraska Revised Statue,
Sections 85-1601 through 85-1658.
Approved Education Provider #109941 National Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
To receive correspondence from TAP, please enter your contact information here. This correspondence includes details regarding upcoming continuing education opportunities, core education classes, ASI/CASI trainings, and other pertinent TAP information.